Friday, February 6, 2009

Alexis Update

Our little Alexis is 6 months old! She is fully rolling over and is getting much better at trying to sit up. We had her check up on Monday and all is well. She is 26 1/2 inches & weighs 15 pounds 3 ounces. She has now had the helmet on for almost 6 weeks. I cannot believe how different her head looks! They have a mold of her head before the helmet that we compare to each week and there is a huge improvement. We got great news last week that they think she will have to only wear the helmet for a total of 7-8 weeks! NO 2nd HELMET!! I am trying not to get my hopes up because it really depends how the next few weeks go, but I am getting excited to think we might be done with this stage. I must say it did not end up to be as bad as I thought. Alexis does not even notice there is anything on her head. The 1st 3 weeks were rough because she would not sleep at all during the day, but after that rough patch she has been back to normal. I will say it does seem to effect her trying to sit up because she moves her head around a lot which then throws off her balance, but I am not to the point of being worried about it. We gave her sweet potatoes this week & she loves them! She has really been a great baby and we feel really lucky to have her in our lives.



2 comments:

The Palmisano Gang said...

I'm going to say it again...She looks JUST LIKE Bryan! LOL!

Anonymous said...

She is just the cutest ever! I need to come up there and see you all. It has been way too long. I am so busy at work and have no time during the week so I end up running around all weekend or just sitting at home from being so tired. I am so glad to hear that the helmet is working so good.